Harvest Moon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harvest Moon RPG

HMRPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kratos

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-10-14

During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless Empty
PostSubject: During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless   During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:13 pm

During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless day in the autumn of the year, when the clouds hung oppressively low in the heavens, I had been passing alone, on horseback, through a singularly dreary tract of country; and at length found myself, as the shades of the evening drew on, within view of the melancholy House of Usher. I know not how it was--but, with the first glimpse of the building, a sense of insufferable gloom pervaded my spirit. I say insufferable; for the feeling was unrelieved by any of that half-pleasurable, because poetic, sentiment, with which the mind usually receives even the sternest natural images of the desolate or terrible. I looked upon the scene before me--upon the mere house, and the simple landscape features of the domain--upon the bleak walls--upon the vacant eye-like windows--upon a few rank sedges--and upon a few white trunks of decayed trees--with an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium--the bitter lapse into everyday life-the hideous dropping off of the reveller upon opium--the bitter lapse into everyday life--the hideous dropping off of the veil
replica panerai watches
japanese matchmaker
Back to top Go down

During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harvest Moon RPG :: At First :: News-
Jump to: