Harvest Moon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harvest Moon RPG

HMRPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrblack0301

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns  Empty
PostSubject: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns    Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:54 am

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner has resigned, world football's governing body has confirmed.

"As a consequence of Mr Warner's resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained," said a Fifa statement.

Warner was suspended pending an investigation into bribery allegations.

He and fellow Fifa member Mohamed Bin Hammam are alleged to have paid bribes of £600,000 to Caribbean associations.

Chuck Blazer, general secretary of the Concacaf federation Warner had been president of, alleged that violations of Fifa's code of ethics occurred during a meeting organised by Bin Hammam and Warner in May.

In a statement, Warner said: "I am convinced, and I am advised by counsel, that since my actions did not extend beyond facilitating the meeting that gave Mr Bin Hammam an opportunity to pursue his aborted bid for the Fifa presidency, I would be fully exonerated by any objective arbiter.

"I have, nonetheless, arrived at the decision to withdraw from Fifa affairs in order to spare Fifa, Concacaf and, in particular, CFU and its membership, from further acrimony and divisiveness arising from this and related issues."
Continue reading the main story

olympus xz-1 review
RYA Level 2
Back to top Go down

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns
Page 1 of 1