Harvest Moon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harvest Moon RPG

HMRPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manchester United urge patience over Wayne Rooney

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nirvana

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Manchester United urge patience over Wayne Rooney  Empty
PostSubject: Manchester United urge patience over Wayne Rooney    Manchester United urge patience over Wayne Rooney  EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 am

Click to play
Click to play
Ferguson is keen to concentrate on Sunday's game with Stoke

Wayne Rooney's future at Manchester United remains unclear following a meeting between the club and his representatives on Thursday.
After talks involving manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill, United released a statement saying there were "no developments".
The statement added: "Fans are asked to be patient."
Rooney's decision to quit the club led to protests at his home on Thursday, with police called to disperse a crowd.
A spokesman for the force said: "Cheshire Police can confirm that at 8.30pm a call was received from a resident in Prestbury regarding 20 to 30 people assembling outside their address.
"Police attended the scene and the group dispersed peacefully. No offences were disclosed."

PHIL McNULTY'S BLOG
Rooney's statement casts doubt on the ability of United, and by obvious association Ferguson, to continue to win the game's biggest prizes
Rooney, who joined United from Everton in 2004 in a £25.6m deal, wants to leave Old Trafford because he says the club cannot match his ambition.
The 24-year-old England international claims he has concerns over the squad's strength and said Gill had not given him "any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad".
Ferguson, who revealed in a news conference on Tuesday that Rooney was not intending to extend his contract beyond the summer of 2012, said he wanted a quick resolution to the matter.
After the Champions League victory over Bursaspor on Wednesday, the Scot said: "We don't want it to become a saga. What is really important is for us to put it to bed."
But Thursday's statement from the club suggested the situation might take a while to resolve.
"We are aware that there is intense public and media interest on the club at the moment but there are no developments of note to report," it read.
"We can confirm a number of meetings have taken place today, including with the player's representative.
"The outcome of those meetings will become clear in the near future. In the meantime, fans are asked to be patient."

Sometimes you look in a field and see a cow. You think it is a better cow than the one you see in your field. It never really works out that way
Sir Alex Ferguson
Rooney's decision to leave Old Trafford has rocked Manchester United, with Ferguson himself admitting he was "shocked", "disappointed" and "bemused" by the development.
However, the Scot believes United, as a club, remain in good shape.
"We will be OK. I have every confidence," he said.
"The structure of the club is good. We have the right staff, the right manager, a brilliant chief executive. There is not a thing wrong with Manchester United.
"To maintain the success at any club is not a certainty. I always believe a four-year cycle is the most you can achieve. Very few teams can go beyond that.
"We realised some time ago that Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville were not going to last forever. Therefore our policy is to develop footballers in their place."
He went on to tell a story from 2004 when Rooney joined the club while previous stars such as Roy Keane and Ruud van Nistelrooy were departing.

Click to play
Click to play
Ferguson reveals Rooney's decision to quit in an interview with MUTV

"A player said to me Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo were not good enough and he wasn't prepared to wait," recounted Ferguson.
"That is the problem with potential. People don't identify potential. We are very good at it. I have identified it all my life. I know potential. I know where it can be developed and how to develop it. I have faith in it.
"That is what this club is about. When you see Manchester United at the moment, with 14 players under 22, you don't see the Manchester United for years ahead."
Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane, now manager at Ipswich, said the Old Trafford club would cope without Rooney.
"Players have opinions and if they want to leave then good luck to them," he said. "Man Utd will more than survive."
Asked if Ferguson's side could still attract top quality players, the Irishman added: "Absolutely, of course, absolutely."
Rooney is currently sidelined because of an ankle injury picked up in training ahead of the game against Bursaspor.

However, Ferguson dismissed suggestions he might suspend his striker when he returns to fitness.
He also expressed doubts as to whether Rooney could find a better employer.
"Sometimes you look in a field and see a cow," said Ferguson. "You think it is a better cow than the one you see in your field. It never really works out that way.
"Some players like to think the world is better somewhere else. It never really works."
Manchester City and Chelsea have been linked with a move for Rooney but City boss Roberto Mancini has played down talk of a move for United's prize asset.
"It was different for Carlos Tevez [who moved between the clubs last summer]," said the Italian.
"Rooney is English and has played for United for a long time, Carlos was there for two years. That makes a difference."
Rooney's team-mates offered differing opinions on the furore over his future after Tuesday's Champions League match, with midfielder Michael Carrick saying: "You have to distance yourself from it.
"We can only control what happens out on the pitch. That is all we can be focused on."
Fellow midfielder Darren Fletcher said: "You have to accept big players and big stars move on at every club.
"We should all remember what a big club Manchester United is. The biggest in the world. High-profile players have left in the past but the club itself just keeps going.
"If anything, it should galvanise the squad because we all need to come together. The fans need to trust us and get behind the team."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
neon bar signs
replica breitling watches
Back to top Go down

Manchester United urge patience over Wayne Rooney
Page 1 of 1