Harvest Moon RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harvest Moon RPG

HMRPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Serena Williams confirms foot injury has ended season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nirvana

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Serena Williams confirms foot injury has ended season Empty
PostSubject: Serena Williams confirms foot injury has ended season   Serena Williams confirms foot injury has ended season EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 4:33 am

Serena Williams

Serena storms to fourth Wimbledon title

Serena Williams has confirmed she will not compete again in 2010 as injury has forced her to withdraw from the WTA Championships and Fed Cup final.

A cut to her foot has meant the American has not played since winning her 13th Grand Slam title on 3 July.

Having announced last week that she had strained her foot in training, Williams said on Tuesday she had "re-torn" the tendon and undergone a "procedure".

The end-of-season WTA Championships begin in Doha on 26 October.

They are followed by the Fed Cup final between the United States and Italy in San Diego next month.

606: DEBATE
Look forward to the next time Wozniacki plays the world number two Williams

virtualmatchpoint

"It is with deep frustration that I am withdrawing from the WTA Championships at Doha and the Fed Cup Final," said Williams, who announced in mid-July that she had cut her right foot on a broken glass in a restaurant.

"Pushed by my desire to return to competition, I trained too hard too soon and re-tore the tendon in my foot.

"As a result, yesterday (Monday) morning I had to have another procedure to repair it. I thank everyone for their continued support during this difficult time and look forward with strength and determination to getting back on the court."

Williams, 29, lost her world number one ranking to 20-year-old Dane Caroline Wozniacki earlier this month.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
wedding favors
English bulldog puppies for adoption
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1